Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Be carful when working out!

Ok, so I have been using p90x for seven weeks now. I have absolutely loved it! I have seen extreme improvements in my physical fitness as well as my muscle tone. I couldn't be happier. However, last night around 10:30 pm tragedy struck.  Let me give some background. Many of the workouts call for a person to do pull ups or chin ups in this particular dvd with which I was exercising. However, if you do not have a pull up bar you can mimick the exercises with an over the door resistance band. The first week I used a band that was too light that had no weight and I just placed in the door jamb at the top, after that I get the genius idea I am going to get a heavy one from Dick's. So, into Dick's I go to get the toughest resistance band I can find and seriously tone my arms and back. Well, the band came with a little circle that you put the band through and at the top of the circle is a weight you put over the door and close the door over it so the weight acts as an anchor. I thought this would be pure genius because now I could close myself off & the rest of the family could be spared Tony Horton droning that only I seem to find entertaining. Well, last night as I was on the 3rd "pull up" is when it happened. I pulled, the door opened, and said anchor weight hit me full speed ahead right in the middle of the forehead. I now have a small raspberry along with a nice size lump in the center of my forehead that is very akin to what a cyclops might have minus the actual eyeball. So, I will be back to putting my band between the door & the frame as I was in the beginning and the fam can either beat me or join me.

No comments: